The institute is located in the heart of the city in a four stored building having approximately 10000 sq ft areas, situated at Udham Singh Sarani, Ashrampara, Siliguri 734001.
Department wise Facilities Available at the Institute:
The institute is well equipped with best of the best modern equipments and some of the equipments and facilities are introducing first time in Siliguri and North Bengal .The institute has designed his own electronic medical record (EMR) keeping software for making a paperless MRD. Presently the institute has five consultant chambers each chamber equipped with basic eye testing equipments. The doctor optometrist ratio in the OPD is 1:2, which is rare in most of the hospital .The optometrist chambers are well equipped withAutorefractometer, Non contact Tonometer, Electronic eye testing chart and a computer system with internet.
The list of equipments in the outpatient department is
- Autorefractometer from Topcon Japan.
- Non contact Tonometer from Topcon Japan.
- ApplanationTonometerTopcon Japan.
- Slit lamp Bio Microscope from Topcon Japan.
- Refraction units and I- chart from Appasamy Chennai.
- Ultrasonic Biometry from sonomed USA.
- Lensometer Topcon Japan.
- Optical Coherence Tomography from Carl Zeiss Germany.
- Fundus Fluorescence Angiography from Carl Zeiss Germany.
- Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer from Carl Zeiss Germany.
- Indirect Ophthalmoscope from Heine Germany.
- In the department of LASER, the institute has NDYAG laser from Carl Zeiss Germany for Post Cataract and Glaucoma treatment.
- Green Laser Visuals 536s for treating retinal diseases is also from Carl Zeiss Germany.
- For in patient’s service there are 12 beds in five different rooms of which two rooms are single bedded AC cabins. The departments are managed by two GNM Nurses with support from 8 patient care assistants & trained nurses.
The most attractive part of the hospital is the operation theatre premises. There are three operation rooms, two spacious semi modular operation room with PU paint on the walls and Antistatic floorings for the aseptic cases and the third one is for septic cases in the separate wing. The operation rooms are well equipped with basic equipments like Boyle’s apparatus, 5para cardiac monitor, high standard autoclave, high speed sterilizer, ETO sterilizer, Motorized operation table, crash cart trolley and air purifier.
Regarding the surgical equipments the institute has installed the most latest and sophisticated phaco machine “The Centurion Vision System” Alcon USA; this is the first machine in entire North Bengal. In addition, the operative microscope Carl Zeiss Lumera, made in Germany, Constellation Vitrectomy System for retinal operationfrom Alcon USA are also available in the operation room.
The operation theatre is well equipped to perform all types of eye surgeries like CATARACT, CORNEA, GLAUCOMA, SQUINT, OCULOPLATY AND VITREO-RETINA.
SALIENT HOSPITAL INFORMATION:-
|Name Of Healthcare Unit
||North Bengal Eye Institute
||CE -15 -2016
||Chief Medical Officer Of Health ,Darjeeling
||Udham Singh Sarani,Ashram Para, Siliguri - 734001
||Dr Arjun C Bhowal, Mr Sushanta Karmakar, Ms Sushmita Bhattacharjee
|Telephone No With STD code
||0353- 2642838 (O) 2642000 (H), 7363003333 (H), 1800 212 2511 Toll Free
|Fax No -
||Super Specialty Day Care Centre
|Hospital Bed Capacity
||12 (twelve) Bedded
|Private AC Room
|Number Of Operation Theatre
||3(Three), Major OT (Two) & Minor OT (One).
||Available, Automatic 8 passengers, KONE made
||5 KVA Online UPS (Two Units) & 62 KVA DG Set
|List Of Consultants
||5 Senior Consultants, Two more joining soon
In addition to Diesel Generator backup the entire hospital building is also having online UPS back up. For smooth patient movement there are two ramps in the ground floor area and an automatic 8 person’s lift from basement to 3rd floor.
The ancillary services include outsourcing optical shop which is managing by a reputed optical brand “BENFRANKLIN” and the pharmacy by “SUNRISE MEDICA”. The institute has got many empaneled request from different organization and insurance TPAs.The doctors and staffs of this centre is fully committed to serve the patients with almost care and personal touch .
The INSTITUTE IS WELL EQUIPPED TO CATER A TERTIARY CARE FOR ALL TYPES OF OPHTHALMIC DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE AND OPERATIVE PROCEDURE.